10/28/18 3-5pm (Door at 2:30)
Bossy Grrls Pin-Up Joint
2598 N High St, Columbus, OH 43202
“Hawt Toddy’s, Titties, and Chuckles” a TransOhio Benefit Show
Donation – so please give. It’s a fundraiser, after all. If you can only give a little… give that little but give lots of love to performers. If you can give lots of money… do it (and still show love)
WHO CAN ATTEND?
While this is open to all students and the public-at-large, extra credit opportunities related to this event are open to those currently enrolled in my 3440 or 5440 course and your reflection on this experience counts towards the ONE Reflection assignment available to you. If interested, please download the prompts (see your Carmen course files for that) and answer the first part PRIOR to your experience. Following your evening, you can complete the remaining prompts.
Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/473593699806646/
TransOhio: http://www.transohio.org/ (more info below video)
About TransOhio (from their website)
TransOhio serves the Ohio transgender and ally communities by providing services, education, support, and advocacy, which promotes and improves the health, safety and life experience of the Ohio transgender individual and community.
- to serve as a bridge to other LGBTQ+ and ally communities
- to provide a focus for matters of concern to the Ohio transgender community and their allies by providing open, affirming, visible and tangible support
- to promote opportunities and networking that increase awareness of the Transgender and gender-nonconforming community’s needs and concerns such, as discrimination and violence
- to increase lesbian, gay, bisexual, heterosexual, and ally understanding and cultural awareness of the Ohio Transgender community
- to help ensure that Ohio educational programs and services are inclusive and supportive of Ohio Transgender issues, perspectives, and concerns
- to provide social activities that are inclusive of all LGBTQ+ and ally communities, access to safe-spaces, people, forums for confidential discussion, support, and local and national resource information
- to foster Ohio Transgender community pride