Archive for category Sp2014
Welcome to the Spring Semester. I’m Anita Parker. Please feel free to call me Anita. I wanted to take just a moment to say hello to all new students and to answer the most frequently-asked questions that my students have sent me so far:
Do we need a book?
- For 2367? Yes. The Second Shift. You’ll love it for its ease of reading and its low cost. Trust me… probably the least expensive text you will buy.
- For 5440? No. I will provide all readings to you.
Do we have midterms or finals?
- There are no midterm or final examinations in 5440 or 2367.
- There are final projects/presentations in BOTH
Do we have quizzes?
- Yes. All my courses include quizzes across the semester.
- The quizzes are on Carmen and open-book/article.
I heard that you can drop us if we don’t show up to class on Monday or Tuesday this semester. Is that true? Will you do it?
- Yes. You heard correctly.
- No. I will not drop you.
- Ah, but here’s the kicker: All of my classes have a mandatory attendance policy, and I take attendance. If you aren’t there, you will lose the points. It is The Ohio State University… not The Ohio State Football Factory… consequently? If the game is THAT important to you? Be prepared to lose the points and consider doing the extra credit to make up for it.
I’m on a waitlist – Can you get me in your class?
- The university will not permit me to override if it puts the class over the fire codes. Period. They historically permitted this, but tightened up on regulations last year. I can’t do a thing about that.
- Having said that, sometimes students drop. The best way to get a spot is to COME first class… so you have all the info in case someone drops. It shows that you are serious about the class. IF someone drops, I’ll do my best to get you in.
The best way to succeed in my classes is to ATTEND my classes. We do a great deal of thinking and group work in class and those discussion-based activities are not something that you can “make up” at home. Please come to class! I’m looking forward to meeting you.
Barak & Sheba will be speaking at my HDFS 5440 classroom on The Ohio State University Main Campus (Campbell Hall, Classroom #167) If you are in another instructor’s 5440 or you’ve taken it with me previously? YES, you may come BUT it’s standing room only (or you can sit on the floor… no kidding).
Barak & Sheba are pansexual, polyamorous, married partners who reside in Columbus, Ohio; with some gigantic cats. They are Contributing Authors for Sexis Online Magazine and have written numerous short stories and essays on Polyamory, Kink, and Sacred Sexuality. Traveling around the country, they present classes for Kink, Leather, and Vanilla audiences. On the first Monday of each month, you can hear them talking about all forms of creative sexual expression on BS’ing with Barak & Sheba hosted by the Erotic Awakenings Podcast network. Together they are the founding members and owners of Adventures in Sexuality(AIS), a fun, frolicking, PanPolyBSDM/Kink group in Central Ohio. Through AIS they are Coalition members of the NCSF (National Coalition for Sexual Freedom) are active supporters of The Sexual Assault Response Network of Central Ohio (SARNCO) and the Buckeye Region Anti-Violence Organization (BRAVO). They currently promote Pansexual BDSM Educational Events in Central Ohio. In their “Intro to Kink” presentation, they introduce the audience to the Who, What, Why, Where and How of Sensation, Roleplay, Fetish, and Bondage. You are hearing about Bondage, BDSM, Kinky Sex, and many of the taboo buzzwords thrown all over, since 50 shades came out. But what does it all mean? How do people “spice” up their relationship without going overboard? In this informational class, they discuss the general avenues that make up Kink, Alt Sex, or Creative sexuality. They offer some general guidelines, and provide a PG-13 rated “show and tell” that illustrates some key points.
BondageNexus and bella the bunny will be visiting my HDFS 5440 classroom on The Ohio State University Main Campus (Campbell Hall, Room 167) on February 20, 2014 from 12:45-2:00 pm.
If you are in another instructor’s 5440 or you’ve taken it with me previously? YES, you may come. Adult guests are also permitted. There is NO seating available (all seats belong to students who have paid to be in class) so if you come as a guest, be prepared to stand or sit on floor. No, I am not joking.
BondageNexus has enjoyed incorporating rope bondage into his sex life since puberty. In the last ten years he has done bondage in the public kink scene mostly as an outreach to folks who are new to kink in hopes that they can be more comfortable in their love of bondage.
Bella the Bunny is a bit of a mystery. She describes herself as a R.A.C.K. kink enthusiast and she has graciously offered to demo-bottom for BondageNexus. “Please don’t let the cute fluffy tail fool you. I am a Brat and I expect to be treated like the fucking princess I am.”
Photo: Eco Friendly Dog Toy available here: http://www.ecodogsandcats.com/bamboo-petite-rope-toy-pink-bunny
Pink’s “Try” was chosen by BondageNexus for this class.